Planning for the celebration of the life of a loved one can be overwhelming. We want you to know you are not alone. Our Partridge Creek family is here to help you through this challenging and difficult time. We will be with you through the journey of grief and supporting your needs for honoring your loved one with dignity. Below are some considerations. Please contact us with any questions. We are here to help.
What To Do When Your Loved One Passes (Within Hours)
When a loved one passes away at home or somewhere other than a healthcare facility, call 911 emergency personnel. Be sure to let the operator know your loved one has passed and it was expected, so they know an emergency does not exist. The next call you will want to make will be to us. We will be able to take your loved one into our care once the notification has been made to emergency personnel. If your loved one was under medical care, we recommend contacting their physician as well.
If your loved one passes in a healthcare facility, the personnel at the facility will make all the proper notifications. If they have the information for your funeral home, they will also contact us. Emergency and medical personnel involved will help you obtain the necessary paperwork in order to transfer the care of your loved one.
If you are unsure of what to do please give us a call. We are here to help.
The Next Several Days:
Letting close family and friends know about the passing of your loved one can be difficult. Reaching out to a trusted family member and /or friend to help with such calls can be helpful.
When you are ready, please contact us and we will help with the next steps. Some initial things we will discuss (if your loved one did not have preplanned services) are:
- Burial, cremation or burial at sea
- Type of casket or urn
- For a burial, location of their final resting place (gravesite, mausoleum, etc.)
- For a cremation, location of their final resting place (burial or scattering)
- Service types, such as a viewing, graveside memorial, burial at sea, etc.
- Any religious services, such as clergy or spiritual leaders
You do not need to have the answers right away on any of these things, this is just a place to begin. Partridge Creek is here to support you through everything you need and help answer all your questions.
Meeting With You And Your Family
Once you are ready to begin discussing the next steps and the planning of services for your loved one, please call us and we will come meet you and your family to help plan all the details.
Whatever special requests you may have to honor your loved one, we will do everything within our power to fulfill your wishes for the services down to the most minute detail. There is almost nothing we cannot do to help you honor and celebrate the life of your loved one.
This process also may include:
- Preparing and filing the official death certificate
- Drafting an obituary
- Scheduling the funeral services and events, including the date, time, and location
- Selecting a casket, urn, and any other products
- Choosing pallbearers
- Arranging transportation
We want to make this process as simple and stress-free as possible. We will need the following information about your loved one:
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Full legal name and home address
- Social security number
- Father's name
- Mother's maiden name
- Highest education
- Veteran's discharge papers (DD-214), if applicable
- Information about the burial location, if applicable
- Clergy name and phone number, if applicable
- Insurance policy information if using to pay for funeral expenses
- Names and relationships of survivors
- A recent photograph of your loved one and any clothing you want used when dressing them for the service